- Virtual meeting between His Holiness and Atfal from Germany.
- Virtual meeting between His Holiness and Lajan Imaillah USA National Amila.
- Summary of the Friday Sermon of 3rd September 2021.
Discussed in the above virtual meeting. PLEASE NOTE – These do not reflect the full answers given by Huzoor Aqdas (aba) You are encouraged to watch the full video sequence of each question by clicking on the time-link. Bold italic quotes are from Huzoor Aqdas (aba).
- (1:27) - Huzoor's (aba) opening remarks during Atfal Mulaqaat.
On Saturday 28th August 2021, over 1040 members of Atfal-ul-Ahmadiyya, Mannheim, in Germany were blessed with a virtual mulaqat with Huzoor Aqdas (aba). Early in the meeting, Huzoor (aba) referred to the heavy rain that took place during the Khuddam mulaqat in Germany the previous weekend. Huzoor (aba) gave the example of the recent narrations in his Friday sermon of the Companions of the Holy Prophet (sa) who took part in the Battle of Badr and also endured storm and rain and within the companions were 13-14 year old boys who stayed resolute regardless of the conditions. Huzoor (aba) commented that despite being seated inside: “All of our Atfal are Mujahids as well mashAllah, so do not worry.” Huzoor (aba) also enquired about the covid safety precautions thet had taken place in the hall.
- (3:11) – Should children over the age of 12 take the COVID-19 vaccine as permission for them has been granted?
Huzoor (aba) said: “If the government is providing vaccines, then there is no harm in getting the vaccine as it is a good thing. There is no harm, it is to provide protection.” Huzoor (aba) also said: “The things they mention as possible effects happen to one out of millions.”
- 4:19 – How does Huzoor (aba) choose names for new born babies?
“When Allah the Almighty appointed me to the station of Khilafat, I saw that Khalifatul Masih IV (rh) had made a file that contained names of children. He would use this to select names for children. So I continued this practice and added more names...” Huzoor (aba) went on to say he uses this file to select names and tries to ensure that the name of the child is similar to the names of their parents, but different names are also given by Huzoor (aba).
- (5:45 sec) – What is the purpose of worship of God?
Huzoor (aba) started by saying that mankind was created so that they can worship God Almighty and God has also explained the way to do so. Huzoor (aba) further elaborated by saying that among all of His creation, mankind is the most superior having been given intellect and the capacity to think that has resulted in many inventions like planes, computers, cars etc. Huzoor (aba) said because of this superior nature, mankind should show gratitude for this and “...the manner in which one can express their gratitude is to worship Allah”.
Huzoor(aba) mentioned about the various prophets and with the advent of the Holy Prophet (sa), Allah has commanded us to observe prayer. When we become grateful to God, Huzoor (aba) said, Allah the Almighty states: “I granted you intellect and wisdom and created you as a beautiful human being and the best among My creation and since you are expressing your gratitude for this through My worship and you are adhering to My commandments, therefore I will bestow even more blessings upon you and will grant you in abundance.” Huzoor went on to say that as a true Ahmadi Muslim with sincere worship seeking to adhere to everything that Allah the Almighty has commanded, you develop a special bond with Allah the Almighty.
Huzoor (aba) concluded by saying that Allah says that this life is only temporary but “... a pious person, who worships Allah the Almighty, is rewarded by Him in this world and owing to their gratitude and worship, they are rewarded in the hereafter as well...”
- (9:53 secs) – What benefit do we get from the charity (Sadaqah) we give?
Huzoor (aba) said that one benefit you will receive from giving charity is that you will feel content in having helped someone and another major benefit is that since you have helped a poor person, Allah the Almighty states that he will also reward you, and this can be “10 times or 700 times or even more than that as well.” Huzoor (aba) also reminded the point that, “....one good deed produces another and in this way, they continue to increase. Thus, this is the benefit.”
- (12:20 secs) – When we face a difficulty, how do we know if it's a punishment or a trial from Allah?
Huzoor (aba) said: “If you have committed a sin and you fell into a hardship because of that sin, then of course you would know it was a punishment. If you have not committed a sin and some hardship comes your way and you have to bear difficulties, then you should consider it to be a trial from Allah the Almighty.” Even Prophets, who are the most beloved of God also faced trials and tribulations, including the Holy Prophet (sa) who encountered numerous trials and tribulations said Huzoor (aba) who further stated that: “There were times when he had no food to eat. In the time of battle, he tied stones to his stomach to lessen his hunger. Who else was more beloved to God than him? Yet he was put through difficulties.”
Huzoor (aba) further elaborated : “If you think you are not committing sins and are fulfilling the rights of people and those of Allah the Almighty and that you do not quarrel or fight and do not usurp the rights of others, then the hardships you face, are a test from Allah the Almighty. It is His way to see if you can bear the difficulties with patience. When you go through hardships whilst continuing to praise Allah the Almighty and say that you are happy in whatever Allah the Almighty wills, then Allah the Almighty grants rewards and continues to shower his blessings upon you.” Huzoor (aba) also reminded that despite difficulties, one should not express ingratitude and complain as “...then those hardships continue to be prolonged and it is possible that a trial becomes a punishment. Therefore, be grateful in all circumstances. worship Allah the Almighty, fulfil the rights of Allah and as a result Allah the Almighty will reward you and bless you and you will realise that the hardship you went through was not a punishment but a trial.”
- (16:20 secs) – What was Huzoor's (aba) favourite dish as a child?
Huzoor’s reply is a lesson for all to follow:
“We never had such demands that we chose our favourite dishes. We had whatever was cooked at home. If it was lentils, we had lentils, if it was meat, we ate that and if it was any other vegetable we had those without complaint. Such demands are common nowadays among you but it was not the case amongst us. Our parents would say, 'Here is the food, children, you should eat it and be grateful to Allah the Almighty.' So, you should also desist from being too picky.”
- (17:06 secs) – When someone starts saying bad things, what should I do?
Huzoor (aba) said that: “Allah the Almighty says stays away from such people,” and make friends with those who are good and pious. Huzoor (aba) further said that one should leave gatherings where bad things are being spoken about. “Tell them,” Huzoor (aba) said, “I don’t hate you; I hate the bad things that are being discussed”. Huzoor (aba) also said that one must pray for their friends that they be among the righteous people.
- (18:59 secs) – Huzoor's (aba) concluding remarks during Atfal Germany Mulaqat.
Sadr Sahib also expressed his wish that the days when Huzoor (aba) visited Germany in person will come back soon to which Huzoor (aba) replied: “Pray that this happens.”
- (19:42 secs) – On Sunday Huzoor (aba) held a virtual meeting with the Lajna Imailah of the USA gathered at the Maryland Mosque. During the meeting Huzoor (aba) gave guidance to all of the office bearers.
- (19:55 secs) – Huzoor's (aba) asked the Secretary Tarbiyyat about the progress they have made in the last 12 months.
The Secretary said there were improvements in doing five daily prayers and at least one prayer in congregation. Huzoor (aba) said emphasis should first be on the Amila members as adherence to guidelines by them will lead to better results overall. The work begins at home said Huzoor and here, “...the home is the Amila.”
The Secretary then mentioned that the current syllabus is focused on the Friday Sermon especially after each sermon has been delivered whereby two questions are placed on the website pertaining to the Tarbiyyat aspects of the Friday address just given by Huzoor (aba), Huzoor (aba) also suggested they they should produce some interactive programmes based on the sermons and also advised of special programmes to be made for new members of the Lajna, specifically those from a different social background.
- (23:32 secs) – Speaking to the Lajna Khidmate Khalq Secretary of Lajna Imaillah USA, Huzoor (aba) said that they should fund large scale humanitarian projects in Africa.“Lajna Imaillah USA should fund at least one model village every year.” Huzoor (aba) went on to say that this would cost between $80-90,000. “Are you ready to take on this responsibility?” asked Huzoor (aba) to which the reply was a very positive “Yes”. Huzoor (aba) responded with: “May Allah the Almighty help you.”
- (24:12 secs) – The Sadr Lajna sought Huzoor’s advice on how we should we keep young Ahmadis attached to their faith and religion.
Huzoor (aba) said that Allah says in the Holy Qur’an that you have to constantly remind and advise them, pray for them and never give up on them and be persuasive – it is our duty to guide them according to our teachings and guidance given in the Holy Qur’an. Huzoor (aba) cited examples from the Qur’an like the wearing of modest clothing and observing purdah which is not a Jama’a’t instructions but Qur’anic commandments. These teachings, along with others like the five daily prayers should be conveyed gently with love and care. Huzoor (aba) then mentioned that Amila members, national and regionally, should set an example which others will then follow.
- (28:00 secs) –- In his Friday Sermon, Huzoor (aba) mentioned the sad martyrdom of Syed Taalay Ahmed - a life devotee of the Jama’at and a key member of the MTA News Department. In his Sermon, Huzoor (aba) related a number of incidents that revealed Taalay's immense love for Khilafat and how Huzoor (aba) was aware of the love Taalay had for him. In a poem he wrote 2-3 years ago and had given to a friend and told not to show anyone, Taalay wrote his relationship and love for Khilafat. Huzoor (aba) said: “He started the poem with the line, ‘I love my Caliph’ and ended the poem wiith the lines, ‘I love my Caliph, but he’ll never know’. O beloved Taalay! Let me tell you that even before these final words of yours, I knew that you had a bond of deep love for Khilafat. Your every action and your every moment; even when you had the camera in your hand and I would be in front and even when you met me without the camera, whether it be a personal meeting or related to any official matter, the sparkle in your eyes would demonstrate this love and also the unique expression of joy on your face would demonstrate this love. From every action of yours, this love that you had for the Khalifa was exhibited. I have hardly witnessed this love from others.”
“During the burial of Hazrat Khalifatul Masih IV (rh), when I stood next to the grave before I put the soil inside, he came and stood to the right of me. I was unaware of who was stood next to me. Now that I have seen a picture of it, I realise who it was on that occasion; perhaps that a 13-year-old child made a firm pledge at the time, that he is a Waqf-e-Nau and he will strive to become a helper and supporter of the Khalifa. Then years later, after completing his education, he fulfilled this pledge in the most excellent manner.”
"It was on my advice that he began studying journalism and completed his course. Having attained martyrdom, he proved that he was indeed a true helper of Khilafat. O beloved Taalay! I testify that indeed you have attained the highest standards of fulfilling your Waqf and the oath you had taken. May Allah the Almighty be the Protector and Helper of his wife and children and grace them patience and strength. May he also grant patience and strength to his parents and siblings and enable his children to continue his virtuous deeds.”