- Virtual meeting between His Holiness and Khuddam from Denmark.
- Virtual meeting between His Holiness and Majlis-e-Amila from Holland,
- Summary of the Friday Sermon of 20th August 2021.
Discussed in the above virtual meetings - (PLEASE NOTE): These do not represent the full answers given by Huzoor Aqdas (aba) You are encouraged to watch the full video sequence of each question by clicking on the time-link. Bold italic quotes are from Huzoor Aqdas (aba).
(31 secs) – Mulaqat held with Huzoor Aqdas on Saturday 14th August with around 50 Khuddam from Denmark who gathered at the Nusrat Jehan Mosque complex in Copenhagen. In the one hour session, a number of questions were asked to Huzoor Aqdas.
- (1:50 mins): Saleemuddin said to Huzoor Aqdas that he has been living in Denmark for the last 6 years and the society here is very different to that in Pakistan and asked Huzoor Aqdas how best we can give our children a good upbringing whilst allowing them to integrate into Danish society.
Huzoor said he has previously has addressed the issue about integrating into society to parents who should develop a friendship with their children and share what they learn in the outside world and what they are taught openly in school. When chidden share various matters, parents must speak about issues raised from an Islamic perspective and not feel embarrassed about questions asked by them.
Huzoor said children may be taught about things at school even though they are not of the age to fully comprehend them. In such instances, Huzoor said that certain matters can be explained when they are older. Huzoor further reiterated “to instill a habit within your children to share everything with you...” and within a friendly atmosphere.
Huzoor further advised that parents should also inform their children about those matters “....which may have a detrimental effect on one’s morals or are contrary to religion. You should instil in them that they are Ahmadis and that our purpose is much greater, so that they should start striving from their childhood to attain these objectives.”
- (4:40 mins): Should worldly governments have blasphemy laws, such as preventing people from burning the Qur’an.
Huzoor said it is not important whether a blasphemy law is implemented or not and that the main thing is that we take care of the sentiments of one another. Huzoor said he spoke about the different types of rights at the Jalsa two years ago. Huzoor said what was important to discuss is the claim that you should take care of the sentiments of others and pass such laws but then say that this is an expression of one’s freedom for anyone to express their sentiments. However, Huzoor stated, with this freedom one should be aware that sentiments can be hurtful as well. Therefore, limits should be applied to such freedoms so that every citizen is required to take care of the feelings of others where then Huzoor said “...there will be an atmosphere of peace that exists and develops.”
Huzoor went on to say that: “Society should recognise the basic principle that people should not only focus upon striving to attain their own rights, rather they should fulfil their obligations towards others too - every citizen should realise this. This is the teaching that religion gives us.”
- (8:04 mins): Does Huzoor think that there will come a time when Dajjali powers will combat Ahmadi governments and if so, will Ahmadis have to go to fight?
“This is the time of the Jihad of the pen” said Huzoor during midway his answer of the above question. Huzoor started though by saying that whenever the time will come when any nation or government uses its power to destroy religion, which is not the circumstances now, Ahmadis have the permission to perform Jihad and fight but only if it is for religious purposes only. At present, geo-political wars are being fought and what we are seeing in these Huzoor said is that the Muslims are adopting the religion of others in that they [Muslims] are purchasing weapons from non-Muslims and killing each other with the help of others. Huzoor said this situation cannot be deemed as a Jihad.
Huzoor also said it is mentioned in the “Hadith of Sahih Bukhari in relation to the coming of the Promised Messiah (as) that ‘Yada’ul Harb’, i.e. there shall be an end to warfare because the Dajjali powers and the religious leaders will speak against Islam by means of literature, writings and the media - So that is what we must also do [in response].”
The Promised Messiah (as) did not say this will end completely and Huzoor explained this further by saying: “What he [the Promised Messiah (as)] said was that those who hear his words then fights [merely for worldly gain], shall become disbelievers and suffer great humiliation.” And the Muslims are indeed tasting defeat. “The words of the Promised Messiah (as) have come true, have they not?” said Huzoor.
Huzoor then quoted about when Allah the Almighty granted permission to the Holy Prophet (sa) to fight due to the fact people had transgressed beyond limits and tried to put an end to religion. If they had been successful Huzoor said, there would be no synagogue, church, temple or mosque left intact. Huzoor continued: “Hence, the permission in Islam to fight is only when a war is being fought against religion. There is no permission to fight for geographical gain..” Huzoor expanded on this answer quite a bit and readers are encouraged to listen to the full Urdu with English subtitles.
- (13:48 mins): Huzoor, these days you speak about women’s rights and outlined the matters in which the wives can make demands from their husbands. Similarly, you mentioned that as a guardian what are the responsibilities placed on men. Huzoor, my question is: What are the responsibilities of women with respect to her husband and his family and what rights do men have over their wives?
Huzoor mentioned that recently at the Jalsa Salana UK 2021, he gave a summary of a lengthy Hadith which if listened to carefully will explain matters clearly. Huzoor gave quite an extended answer and said in the Holy Qur’an, it is stated that both men and women will be rewarded for their good deeds. Readers are advised to listen to the whole answer by clicking on link.
- (19:16 mins): My question to Huzoor is that why does the media target Muslims?
“Why do they do this? Only the media can answer this” said Huzoor, who went on to say that the fact is the world does not know about the true teachings of Islam. “The world sees that in Syria Muslims are fighting and killing each other, the world sees the injustices being carried out in Yemen, the world sees the atrocities committed by the Taliban...” etc and for this reason the world targets Islam.
Huzoor mentioned that we tell them about the true teachings of Islam in our Peace Conferences and Huzoor further explains this in his worldwide addresses and press conferences. Huzoor went on to say that, “...in this day and age, it is the job of the people from the Community of the Promised Messiah (as) that they should tell the world what the true image of Islam is...” Ahmadi Muslims are told by Huzoor that whenever there is an ‘incident’ we should highlight the true teachings of Islam with further elaboration. Huzoor also mentioned that short articles and editorials about Islam should be written and “do not to let any opportunity slip from your hands.”
Huzoor said that with a population of 5 million in Denmark, the message of peace and teachings of Islam can easily be reached through the distribution of leaflets. It is the Jama’at responsibility to do this and to establish contact with the media and invite them to our functions. Huzoor said from personal experience, that this can have a positive effect on what the media portrays about Islam.
- (25:00 mins): On Sunday15th August, the Majlis-e-Ansar Amila of Holland were granted a virtual mulaqat with Huzoor who gave guidance to the various office holders. Huzoor asked the Qaid e-Ta'lim how many books were assigned for the members of the Ansarullah to read in a year to which he replied that one book, Haqiat-ul-Qahi was chosen. Huzoor then gave guidance on how to do the expansion of the reading of this book within the Ansar members.
- (27:38 mins): Huzoor spoke very affectionately to a Rukn-e-Khusoosi ( a special member) of the Ansar Amila. Huzoor also spoke to the Muavin Sadr and Zaeem, who is one of the eldest members of the Amila aged 70.
- (29:07 mins): My question is that at times. the behaviours of the Ansar members towards the members of our National Amila and also the office bearers at the local level is such that it causes them to feel discouraged. Huzoor, what can we do raise their spirits?
Huzoor said: “If the office bearers are working for the sake of people, then of course they should feel discouraged. However, if their service is purely for the sake of Allah the Almighty, then they should never feel dejected.” Huzoor gave an example of the Holy Prophet (saw). “After being commissioned as a Prophet of God, the Holy Prophet (sa) called together his relatives in order to convey to them the message of Islam but though they ate the meal that was served, they immediately departed which undoubtedly was very discouraging. However, did the Holy Prophet (sa) lose heart? No! Rather, a little while later, he invited them again and this time preached the message to them first before serving them food. They again ate the food but left without heeding the message of the Holy Prophet (sa), as they were a stubborn people. Yet, the Holy Prophet (sa) was never dejected and despondent.” Huzoor then advised that everyone, including office bearers, should develop a firm resolve and have strength of character so that in the face of accusations or taunts, from whatever source, they should never worry nor care for either praise or any discouragement of any individual. “Allah the Almighty is the One Who is to bestow the reward for our actions...”
- (31:54 mins): Huzoor, we receive very few responses to our Ta’lim tests, almost 10% respond and neither do we receive any positive response from the Amila members.
Huzoor said that action should first start from the Amila members and Sadr Sahib should remove such Amila members that do not respond. Huzoor said “That is the only solution for those Amila members who are not active and do not show basic cooperation.” Huzoor went on to give encouraging words that “...if you are all working properly and bring about perfection in your work and the other Ansar members see that their office-bearers are working hard and with great enthusiasm and they themselves implement on the instructions they give to others, then the other members will cooperate with you and not say anything to discourage you.” Huzoor concluded by saying that any office bearer, from the local level to the national level, should not hold office simply for the sake of it, rather it is to serve. Readers are advised to listen to the whole answer on the link.
- (34:25 mins): FRIDAY SERMON - Continued on the life of the Hazrat Umar ibn al-Khaṭṭāb (ra). The full sermon and various summaries can be accessed by clicking HERE.